Crusty around the edges and soft in the center - isn't that a perfect pizza crust recipe?
Active dry yeast
2 ¼ tsp.
1 ½ cups (110°F/45°C)
3 1/3 cups
- In a large bowl, mix yeast with sugar. Add water, stir to dissolve. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Once the mixture is frothy, add oil and salt. Add 2 ½ cups flour by small portions to make absorbing easier or use a bread machine.
- Transfer dough to a work surface dusted with more flour and start kneading. Add flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Shape dough into a ball and brush with olive oil.
- Transfer the dough ball into an oiled bowl, cover with a tea towel or plastic wrap. Let sit in a warm place for 1 hour.
- After an hour, preheat oven to 425°F/220°C/Gas Mark 7. Punch the dough down and knead it some more. Shape into a ball and let rest for a few minutes (do not let the surface get too dry!)
- If you are baking in a regular oven, pre-bake the dough for 10 to 15 minutes before adding the toppings. With the toppings, bake for 15 to 20 minutes on the lower rack of the oven.
Gingerbread Cake with Lemon Glaze
If you're looking for a new addition to your holiday dessert table, I
Caramelized Onion and Gorgonzola Pizza
A light appetizer or dinner pizza that is sure to be a favorite!
Melt-in-Your-Mouth Coconut Macaroons
This recipe has won many 1st place ribbons at my state fair. They are
Absolute Best Liver and Onions
This recipe will turn liver haters into converts. Very simple! The th
Traditional Greek Spanakopita
This is an authentic, really rich pie stuffed with spinach, onions, ch
Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
These fried cheese sticks are very easy to prepare and sooo good. Enjo
Filo Pockets with Shrimp and Ricotta Filling
I have been working with various stuffing for phyllo. This is by far t
Divine Scallops in Wine Sauce
This is a fabulous and easy wine and butter sauce for seafood and vege
Restaurant-Style Chicken Tenderloins
I used to love the chicken tenderloins at a well-known restaurant chai
Italian Sausage with Farfalle and Broccoli Rabe
A beautiful two pan entree that'll please anyone who likes Italian sau
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
A supremely filling, hearty soup. I serve this on cold rainy days wit
Baked Rigatoni with Italian Sausage and Fennel
This is a deliciously sweet and spicy baked rigatoni recipe that I whi
Upside Down Pear Gingerbread Cake
Delicious, yet easy to make. The perfect dessert for a Thanksgiving or
Delicious Deep-fried Chicken Livers
Mom made them because they are cheap, and now the convenience stores s
Green Beans With Orange Olive Oil
This is a side dish of fresh green beans tossed with orange-infused ol
Best Ever Slow Cooker Italian Beef Roast
Best tender and juicy pot roast you've ever eaten! Also great sliced u
You might also like
Rate & Review