- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 2/3 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 pound part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped spinach, thawed and squeeze dried
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage with the onions, garlic and 1/2 the parsley; drain excess fat. Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, water, Italian seasoning, oregano, and basil; mix well. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, combine remaining parsley and ricotta, spinach, Parmesan, eggs, garlic salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Spread 2 cups sauce in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Begin layering with 4 noodles, 1/2 cheese mix, 1/3 remaining sauce, and 1 cup mozzarella. Repeat this layer again; the last layer will be noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove the foil; bake, uncovered, an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.