- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) package small pasta shells
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 (11 ounce) cans condensed cream of Cheddar cheese soup
- 2/3 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the diced onion in a large pot of lightly-salted water; bring to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain. Transfer the onion and pasta to a casserole dish; season with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Stir the butter and brown sugar into the pasta mixture until the butter melts. Add the Cheddar cheese soup, Havarti cheese, Parmesan cheese and 1/3 cup of Cheddar cheese; stir well. Sprinkle remaining Cheddar cheese over top of the dish.
- Bake in preheated oven about 45 minutes. Change oven setting to 'Broil' and cook until top is golden brown, about 4 minutes.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.