(cooking time: 40 min; 8 servings)
- Uncooked spaghetti – 1 lb
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp., divided
- Bacon – 8 slices, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Garlic – 1 clove, minced
- Dry white wine – ¼ cup
- 4 medium eggs, slightly beaten
- Parmesan cheese – ½ cup + 2 tbsp., grated
- Salt – to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper – to taste
- Fresh parsley – 2 tbsp.
- Cook spaghetti following the package directions until al dente. Drain, return to the pot, toss with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Set aside.
- Fry diced bacon till crisp, drain excess fat on paper towels.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon fat in the skillet. Add the remaining tbsp. olive oil, heat and fry onions until translucent, stirring frequently. Add garlic, cook briefly till fragrant (1 minute); add wine and bring to a simmer.
- Add bacon into the pan, let heat. Transfer spaghetti into the pan, stir with a wooden spoon to coat in the sauce. If it seems too dry, add more olive oil.
- Quickly pour beaten eggs into the spaghetti mixture, tossing non-stop until just set. Immediately add ½ cup Parmesan and toss.
- Taste for salt. Season with pepper and more salt, if desired. Transfer to plates, sprinkle with grate Parmesan and parsley; serve immediately.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.