(cooking time: 15 min; 4 to 6 servings)
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- Garlic – 1 clove, crushed
- Diced tomatoes – 1 can
- Tomato paste – 2 tbsps
- Salami – 3 oz, sliced
- Penne pasta – 12 oz
- Fresh parsley – 2 tbsps, chopped
- Parmesan cheese – ½ cup, grated
- Cook pasta following the directions on the package.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add onions and garlic, cook until softened.
- Stir in tomato paste, add tomatoes and salami. Simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Transfer salami mix to the pot with pasta, mix to combine. Serve topped with shredded parmesan and parsley.