Let your family gather around the table and fall in love with this Juicy Thanksgiving Turkey!
Turkey, without giblets and neck
Dry white wine
- Rub the inside of the turkey with 1 tablespoon salt. Sprinkle the remaining salt on the legs and breast of the turkey. Take a stock pot and place the turkey into it. Pour cold water into the stock pot until the turkey is covered. Place the stock pot into your fridge and keep it there for 12 h.
- Rinse the turkey and remove the brine.
- Heat the oven up to 350°F/175°C/gas mark 4.
- Melt ½ cup butter. Rub the turkey with it. Place the turkey in a roasting pan. The turkey should sit breast-side down. Chop and peel 1 onion and ½ carrot; chop ½ stalk celery, 1 spring of thyme, and 1 bay leaf. Stuff the turkey with them. Chop and peel the remaining vegetables and spread them on the bottom of the roasting pan. Pour wine on them.
- Keep the pan uncovered and cook the turkey for about 4 hours until the thighs of the turkey reach the temperature of 180°F/85°C. After 2 ½ hours of roasting, flip the turkey so it sits breast-side up. Rub it with melted butter and let the turkey stand for half an hour.
Grandma's Green Bean Casserole
This recipe is much better than the standard mushroom soup and French
Cranberry Sauce Extraordinaire
This has been a 'trade secret' for years, but it's so good I decided t
Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
A great alternative to pumpkin pie, especially for those cheesecake fa
You might also like
Rate & Review