Let your family gather around the table and fall in love with this Juicy Thanksgiving Turkey!
Turkey, without giblets and neck
Dry white wine
- Rub the inside of the turkey with 1 tablespoon salt. Sprinkle the remaining salt on the legs and breast of the turkey. Take a stock pot and place the turkey into it. Pour cold water into the stock pot until the turkey is covered. Place the stock pot into your fridge and keep it there for 12 h.
- Rinse the turkey and remove the brine.
- Heat the oven up to 350°F/175°C/gas mark 4.
- Melt ½ cup butter. Rub the turkey with it. Place the turkey in a roasting pan. The turkey should sit breast-side down. Chop and peel 1 onion and ½ carrot; chop ½ stalk celery, 1 spring of thyme, and 1 bay leaf. Stuff the turkey with them. Chop and peel the remaining vegetables and spread them on the bottom of the roasting pan. Pour wine on them.
- Keep the pan uncovered and cook the turkey for about 4 hours until the thighs of the turkey reach the temperature of 180°F/85°C. After 2 ½ hours of roasting, flip the turkey so it sits breast-side up. Rub it with melted butter and let the turkey stand for half an hour.
Grandma's Green Bean Casserole
This recipe is much better than the standard mushroom soup and French
Spicy Chicken Thai Noodle Soup
A chunky hearty soup with a great blend of spices to warm you right to
Cranberry After-Christmas Turkey Sandwich
Sliced Maple Honey Turkey makes a great sandwich on whole wheat bread
Eggplant and Pepper Parmesan Sandwiches
Smoky grilled veggies, rich tapenade, and tangy goat cheese make these
Leftover Turkey Spring Rolls with Cranberry Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce
This lends classic Asian flavors with an all-American twist. I suggest
Moroccan-Style Stuffed Acorn Squash
Vegetables, garbanzos, raisins and couscous in a lovely Moroccan broth
Easy and Elegant Pork Tenderloin
This main dish is beautiful in its presentation and always comes out t
Cranberry Sauce Extraordinaire
This has been a 'trade secret' for years, but it's so good I decided t
Fall Pork Roast with Sauerkraut
This is the traditional New Year's Day meal I learned from my husband,
Pork Chops with Caramelized Onion
Caramelized onions give the flavor to these easy to make pork chops -
Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans
My family begs me to make this creamy baked dish every Thanksgiving an
The Ultimate Slow Cooker Brisket recipe
This is a family recipe passed along by my late cousin David. It is s
Effortless Chicken and Dumplings
This is an easy slow cooker recipe that cooks while you are at work! I
Slow-Cooked Carolina Beef Brisket
Good things are worth the wait! This flavor-packed brisket slow cooks
Spicy Roasted Vegetable Medley
This colorful dish has the perfect blend of sweet and savory. It is si
You might also like
Rate & Review