This is just as healthy as it's delicious!
3 ½ cups
Uncooked corn grits
1 1/3 cups
1 cup, shredded
2 tbsps, grated
¼ cup, chopped
1 clove, minced
1 15-oz can, with liquids
¼ cup, divided
- Fill a medium saucepan with water, season with salt and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Add grits to boiling water gradually; stir well. Cook for about 5 minutes – the grits should start pulling away from the sides and bottom of the saucepan.
- Add both cheeses, stir well. Apply cooking spray to a loaf pan (9x5-in). Transfer cooked polenta into the loaf pan, let cool at room temperature for 10 minutes. Refrigerate cooled polenta for at least one hour or until completely chilled.
- While polenta is chilling, add oil to a medium saucepan. Let heat over medium heat, add garlic and onions, stir for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes with liquids and dried oregano, stir occasionally, let simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. Transfer to a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
- Remove polenta from loaf pan, cut into 16 slices; halve each slice lengthwise; cut each half diagonally or crosswise.
- Add 1 tbsp butter to a large skillet, let heat over medium. Arrange 16 polenta slices in a single layer in the skillet, fry for 2 to 4 minutes on each side. Ready polenta will be lightly browned and crisp. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined platter to drain excess fat.
- Repeat until you have no polenta slices.
- Serve with the tomato dipping sauce.
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.