Enjoy this bright and healthy pesto potato salad with chickpeas and capers!
3.3 pounds, washed thoroughly, unpeeled
1 13.5-ounce can
Fresh herbs (parsley, basil, or coriander)
½ cup, soaked for 1 hour, rinsed, and drained
¼ cup, extra virgin
Chia seed oil
¼ cup (can be replaced by flaxseed oil)
to your taste, cracked
Some more capers and herbs
- Put 1 inch-sized pieces of potatoes in a pot, add 2 cups of boiled water and a pinch of salt, bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce the temperature and keep it simmering with the cover on for about 15 minutes.
- Place the pesto ingredients into a blender and process until the mixture is smooth.
- Cut off the top of the green beans and cut them in two. Put the beans into the pot 4 minutes before the potatoes are done, and let them steam for 4 minutes.
- When the potatoes are done and the beans are getting bright green color, put them into a colander and leave them to drain and to cool. In case you want the beans to stay bright green, you can rinse them under cold water.
- Drain the chickpeas in a separate colander.
- Take a large bowl and carefully put there the potatoes, green beans, chickpeas, and pesto. Stir the mixture gently.
- Decorate the salad with capers and herbs, squeeze out some lemon juice on it, add extra salt and pepper, and serve it warm on a bed of fresh salad greens.
- It’s possible to put the salad in the fridge and serve the next day.
Support TastyCookery project and get TastyTales for freeSupport project
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.