Try this Puff Pastry Braid and enjoy your perfect breakfast!
Frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
Eggs, beaten slightly
6 (reserve a little to make egg wash for brushing)
½ lb, sliced
½ lb, small diced
4 oz, shredded
1 small bunch (optional), finely chopped
Fresh ground black pepper
1 tbsp or more, for dusting
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas Mark 5.
- Sautee mushrooms in butter in a skillet over medium-high heat till lightly browned.
- Add ham, cook for 3 more minutes.
- Reserve a little of the beaten eggs for brushing.
- Add shredded Cheddar and dill to beaten eggs, whisk slightly to combine.
- Pour eggs over mushrooms and ham, cook stirring for 4 more minutes. Scrape the bottom and the sides of the skillet to prevent eggs from sticking.
- Lightly dust the working surface with all-purpose flour.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet to make a rectangle. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cut the dough moving from the sides to the middle diagonally, leaving a wide space in the middle intact. Repeat on the other side. Make the same number of cuts!
- Place scrambled eggs in the intact space in the middle of the dough sheet. Fold the cut ends over the middle to cover the filling, one on the left, then one the right, as if making a braid.
- Brush with reserved egg, pop in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly, slice and serve.
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.