Want to make your Thanksgiving turkey truly juicy? Try this vegetable-stuffed version!
1 (18 lb.), neck and giblets removed
½ cup, melted
2, large, peeled, chopped
4, peeled, chopped
4 stalks, chopped
Dry white wine
- Using the kosher salt, rub the inside and outside of turkey.
- Take a large stock pot and put the turkey in it, covering the bird with cold water.
- Put it in the fridge and let it soak for 12 hours or overnight.
- Heat the oven to 350° F/175° C/Gas Mark 4. Rinse the turkey and discard the brine.
- Brush the turkey with half of the butter and put it, breast side down, on the roasting rack of a shallow roasting pan.
- Stuff the turkey with 1 onion, ½ carrots, ½ celery, a thyme sprig, and the bay leaf.
- Arrange the rest of the vegetables and thyme in the bottom of the pan and pour the wine over the dish.
- Roast for 3 ½ to 4 hours. Turn the turkey breast side up carefully at about 2/3 of the cooking time and brush it with the rest of the butter. Let it stand for about half an hour before carving.
Grandma's Green Bean Casserole
This recipe is much better than the standard mushroom soup and French
Spicy Chicken Thai Noodle Soup
A chunky hearty soup with a great blend of spices to warm you right to
Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans
My family begs me to make this creamy baked dish every Thanksgiving an
Spicy Roasted Vegetable Medley
This colorful dish has the perfect blend of sweet and savory. It is si
Easy and Elegant Pork Tenderloin
This main dish is beautiful in its presentation and always comes out t
Fall Pork Roast with Sauerkraut
This is the traditional New Year's Day meal I learned from my husband,
Pork Chops with Caramelized Onion
Caramelized onions give the flavor to these easy to make pork chops -
The Ultimate Slow Cooker Brisket recipe
This is a family recipe passed along by my late cousin David. It is s
Cranberry Sauce Extraordinaire
This has been a 'trade secret' for years, but it's so good I decided t
Effortless Chicken and Dumplings
This is an easy slow cooker recipe that cooks while you are at work! I
Slow-Cooked Carolina Beef Brisket
Good things are worth the wait! This flavor-packed brisket slow cooks
Eggplant and Pepper Parmesan Sandwiches
Smoky grilled veggies, rich tapenade, and tangy goat cheese make these
Slow Cooker Beef with Mushrooms
The real secret here is making sure you sear the meat before the long,
Moroccan-Style Stuffed Acorn Squash
Vegetables, garbanzos, raisins and couscous in a lovely Moroccan broth
Cranberry After-Christmas Turkey Sandwich
Sliced Maple Honey Turkey makes a great sandwich on whole wheat bread
Leftover Turkey Spring Rolls with Cranberry Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce
This lends classic Asian flavors with an all-American twist. I suggest
You might also like
Rate & Review