- 1 cup acini di pepe pasta
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained with juice reserved
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained with liquid reserved
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 7 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- In medium saucepan, combine reserved liquids from pineapple and oranges (equals about 1 1/2 cups), sugar, eggs, salt and flour. Cook until thick, stirring constantly. When mixture becomes thick, add cooked pasta and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, add pineapple and oranges, whipped topping and marshmallows to taste. Mix together and top with cherries if desired. Keep chilled until served.