- 6 eggs
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 2 pounds spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 2 3/4 ounces croutons
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon-style mustard
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover completely with cold water. Bring water to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, and cool. Once cool, peel and chop.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Prepare the dressing in a blender by combining the onion, sugar, salt, oil, vinegar, pepper, celery seed and Dijon mustard. Blend until smooth.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the eggs, bacon, spinach, croutons and mushrooms. Toss to mix. Pour enough dressing over salad to lightly coat. Toss and serve.