- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package acini di pepe pasta
- 3 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- In a sauce pan, combine sugar, flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pineapple juice and eggs. Stir and cook over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat; add lemon juice and cool to room temperature.
- Bring water to a boil, add oil, remaining salt and cook pasta until al dente. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, egg mixture, mandarin oranges, pineapple and whipped topping. Mix well and refrigerate overnight or until chilled. Before serving add marshmallows and coconut. Toss and serve.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.