Beets and Orange Salad with Arugula and Ricotta
- Medium beets – 1 ½ lb, peeled, cut in wedges
- 2 navel oranges
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1 ½ tbsps
- Kosher salt – to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper – to taste
- Baby arugula – 2 cups
- Low-fat ricotta cheese – ¼ cup
- Caraway seeds – 1 tsp
- Place the beets in a saucepan, cover with water; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, let simmer for 15 minutes (until soft); drain.
- Grate the unpeeled oranges to get 2 teaspoons of zest.
- Peel the oranges, divide into sections. Reserve 4 sections.
- In a salad bowl, combine zest, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Squeeze the juice from the reserved sections, mix well.
- Arrange 1/2cup arugula, ¼ beets and orange sections in a nice heap on each of the 4 plates; drizzle with the dressing. Top with a tablespoon of ricotta and a pinch of caraway seeds. Serve.