Candied Walnuts, Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
(cooking time: 40 min; 6 servings)
- 4 medium beets – scrubbed, trimmed, halved
- Walnuts – 1/3 cup, chopped
- Maple syrup – 3 tbsps
- Mixed salad greens – 10 oz
- Frozen orange juice concentrate – ½ up
- Balsamic vinegar – ¼ cup
- Extra virgin olive oil – ½ cup
- Goat cheese – 2 oz
- Bring beets to boil in a saucepan with water; cook for half an hour or until tender; drain. Let cool, then dice.
- Meanwhile, toast walnuts in a skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in maple syrup, continue cooking and stirring until evenly coated. Remove from heat; let cool.
- Whisk orange juice concentrate with vinegar and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Add ¼ of the green onto each of 4 plates, sprinkle with glazed walnuts, beets and goat cheese. Drizzle each serving with the dressing and serve.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.