Candied Walnuts, Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
(cooking time: 40 min; 6 servings)
- 4 medium beets – scrubbed, trimmed, halved
- Walnuts – 1/3 cup, chopped
- Maple syrup – 3 tbsps
- Mixed salad greens – 10 oz
- Frozen orange juice concentrate – ½ up
- Balsamic vinegar – ¼ cup
- Extra virgin olive oil – ½ cup
- Goat cheese – 2 oz
- Bring beets to boil in a saucepan with water; cook for half an hour or until tender; drain. Let cool, then dice.
- Meanwhile, toast walnuts in a skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in maple syrup, continue cooking and stirring until evenly coated. Remove from heat; let cool.
- Whisk orange juice concentrate with vinegar and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Add ¼ of the green onto each of 4 plates, sprinkle with glazed walnuts, beets and goat cheese. Drizzle each serving with the dressing and serve.