(cooking time: 10 min + 3 days; yields about 1 ½ cup)
- Chive blossoms – 1 cup
- White wine vinegar – 1 ½ cups
- Rinse and dry fresh chive blossoms.
- Place chive blossoms into a heat-proof non-sterilized jar.
- Add vinegar to a saucepan; bring to a simmer, but don’t let boil.
- Pour heated vinegar into the jar with chive blossoms. Cover the jar and stick a label with the date to it.
- Let sit at room temperature away from heat and direct light for 3 days.
- After 3 days, strain chive blossom vinegar into a nice clean glass bottle and cork it.
- Used blossoms can be discarded.