(cooking time: 1 hr; 5 servings)
- Juice of ½ lemon (2 tbsps)
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Dijon mustard – 1 level tsp
- 2 ½ fennel bulbs, cut in half lengthwise, core removed, sliced
- 3 grapefruits
- ½ radicchio head
- Fresh mint leaves – 1 ½ tbsps
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice with mustard. Add oil in a thin streak, whisking constantly. Add a sprinkle of salt and a couple sprinkles of pepper.
- Add fennel slices into a large bowl. Top with the dressing, toss until coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Note: this step can be done up to a day ahead; only you will need to cover the ready fennel with plastic wrap and chill.
- Remove peel, white pith and seeds from grapefruits. Cut clean grapefruit wedges into smaller pieces. Add chopped grapefruit to fennel, mix to combine. Top with the dressing and mix again.
- Arrange radicchio leaves on a large platter. Transfer salad from the mixing bowl on top of the leaves, sprinkle with chopped mint and serve.