(cooking 1 hr 15 min; 6 servings)
- 2 jewel yams, diced 1-inch big
- Olive oil – 2 tbsps + 1 tbsp
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Garlic – 3 cloves, minced
- Red wine vinegar – 2 tbsps
- Fresh thyme – 1 tsp, chopped
- Fresh ground black pepper – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- While preheating oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas Mark 6, toss yams with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread in 1 layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake the yams until tender (20 minutes). Remove from oven. Chill until cooled to room temperature.
- While chilling the yams, add 1 tbsp olive oil into a skillet, heat over medium heat. Caramelize the garlic and onion in oil for 15 minutes or till they become golden brown. Stir in kale, let wilt. Spoon the mixture into a bowl, refrigerate until cooled to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled ingredients, add thyme and vinegar, season with salt and pepper. Stir gently and serve.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.