Watercress Salad with Peas and Almonds
(cooking time: 5 min; 8 servings)
- Sherry vinegar – 2 tbsps
- Sugar – a pinch
- Extra virgin olive oil – 6 tbsps
- Blanched almonds – 1 cup
- Shelled snap peas – 1 cup
- Watercress – 5 oz
- Edible flowers (violets) – 1 oz
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar with olive, adding the latter in a thin streak. Whisk in sugar, salt and pepper.
- Heat a non-stick pan with no oil over medium heat. Toast the almonds lightly, set aside to cool.
- Mix cooled almonds with watercress and snap peas in a salad bowl. Add dressing, toss to combine, but very gently – do not get watercress oversoaked.
- Garnish with edible flowers and serve.