This deliciously easy chicken recipe is perfect for those who want to cook something special for dinner!
Big (3 ½ lb) chicken
Fresh thyme (leaves only)
Fresh ground black pepper
- Remove chicken from fridge an hour before cooking.
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F/230C/Gas Mark 8.
- Blot out moisture with paper towels. Snip the chicken butt off.
- Sprinkle the inside of the chicken with at least 1 tsp of salt. Salt the chicken generously on all sides, into all crevices, bends and curves.
- Tie the legs together. Place chicken on its back into a large skillet, tuck its wing tips under and sprinkle the breast with more salt. Use a paper towel to brush the excess salt out of the skillet.
- Place the skillet into the oven; roast about 60 minutes or until the chicken reaches the internal temperature of 160. The well-cooked chicken is browned, with dry and crispy skin. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken from the skillet onto a plate. Use a paper towel to blot out almost all the fat from the skillet.
- Place the skillet over medium-high heat, add fresh thyme leaves, fry them for 30 seconds. Add the juice of 1 lemon and ¼ cup of chicken broth. Use the wooden spoon to help the liquids deglaze the bottom of the skillet. Bring to simmer and let cook down by half.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add 2 tbsps of cold butter and keep it moving in the skillet. When the butter is half-melted, add the chicken juices from the plate where it was resting. Turn off the heat as soon the butter is fully melted.
- Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste. Add a little cayenne, if desired.
- Spoon the sauce over served chicken.
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.