- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Uncooked quinoa – 1 cup
- Vegetable broth – 2 cups
- Garlic – 2 tbsp., chopped
- Fresh parsley – 2 tbsp., chopped
- Fresh thyme – ½ tbsp.., chopped
- Salt – ¼ tsp.
- 1 small onion, small-diced
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp.
- Add butter to a saucepan, let melt over medium heat.
- Add quinoa, stir to toast until browned slightly (about 5 min).
- Add vegetable broth, stir, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover with a lid, and let simmer until tender (about 15 minutes).
- Transfer quinoa to a bowl, mix with chopped herbs, garlic, and onion. Season with salt and lemon juice. Mix and serve.
Other Side dish recipes