- 1 quart beef stock
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 onion, unchopped
- 3 cloves whole garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 pound Portuguese andouille sausage, sliced
- 2 bunches kale, torn into small pieces
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste
- Combine the beef stock, chicken stock, beans, onion half, garlic cloves, salt, black pepper, and thyme in a slow cooker; cook on Low for 8 hours to overnight. Remove and discard the onion and garlic.
- Switch slow cooker to 'Keep Warm' setting. Add the andouille sausage to the stock mixture; continue cooking until you can smell the sausage, about 1 hour. Stir the kale, celery, carrots, and garlic salt into the soup; cook until the carrots are tender, about 1 hour more.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Slow cooker recipes