Pork Roast with Sauerkraut and Kielbasa
- 1 (2 pound) boneless pork loin roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 pounds sauerkraut
- 1 pound kielbasa, cut into 3-inch pieces
- Preheat the oven broiler. Place the roast in a roasting pan, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with thyme leaves, and season with salt and pepper. Place under the broiler for 10 minutes, until lightly browned in several places.
- Place 2 pounds sauerkraut in a slow cooker. Arrange kielbasa pieces around the edges of the slow cooker pot, and place the roast in the center. Cover with remaining sauerkraut.
- Cover slow cooker, and cook roast 6 hours on High.
Upgrade your kitchen:
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Slow cooker recipes