- 1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning (such as Montreal Steak Seasoning®)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Sprinkle the beef flank steak with steak seasoning on both sides. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat until the oil shimmers, and place the flank steak into the hot oil. Quickly brown the steak on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Set the beef aside.
- Stir brown sugar, onion, red bell pepper, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, and tomato paste together in a slow cooker until the brown sugar dissolves. Place the flank steak into the slow cooker, immersing it in the sauce. Set the cooker on on High and cook 4 hours, or set on Low and cook 8 hours.
- To serve, shred the meat with 2 forks, or remove the meat, chop, and return to the sauce. Toast buns, and serve the sloppied steak on the toasted buns.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk â€“ unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Slow cooker recipes