Slow Cooker Creamed Corn with Onion and Chives
- 4 slices bacon
- cooking spray
- 4 1/2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive and onion cream cheese
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels; crumble when cool enough to handle.
- Coat the inside of a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Combine corn, red bell pepper, half-and-half, butter, sugar, salt, black pepper, and half the crumbled bacon in the slow cooker; stir well.
- Cook on High for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Stir cream cheese into corn mixture; cook until cheese melts, about 10 more minutes. Stir well and top with remaining bacon before serving.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Slow cooker recipes