- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 large russet potatoes, cubed
- 1 (11 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup barley
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain excess fat.
- In a slow cooker, combine beef, potatoes, corn, peas, and barley. Stir in tomato sauce, green onions, and chives. Season with black pepper.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 4 hours. Stir occasionally, and add water if necessary.
Other Slow cooker recipes