- 1 pound dried great Northern beans, soaked overnight
- 1/2 pound cooked ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- water to cover
- Combine the beans, ham, brown sugar, onion powder, parsley, garlic salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a slow cooker. Pour enough water into the slow cooker to cover the mixture by about 2 inches. Set slow cooker to Low; simmer 12 hours, stirring occasionally.
Upgrade your kitchen:
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Slow cooker recipes