Spicy Beef Curry Stew for the Slow Cooker
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 fresh jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 onion, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup beef broth
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and brown the beef on all sides. Remove from skillet, reserving juices, and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir the garlic, ginger, and jalapeno in the skillet for 2 minutes, until tender, and season with curry powder. Mix in the diced tomatoes and juice.
- Place the onion in the bottom of a slow cooker, and layer with the browned beef. Scoop the skillet mixture into the slow cooker, and mix in the beef broth.
- Cover, and cook 6 to 8 hours on Low.
Other Slow cooker recipes