- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 (8 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 12 cups white bread, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups chicken broth
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Saute the celery, onion, parsley and mushrooms until onions are soft.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes and vegetables. Add the poultry seasoning, thyme, sage, pepper, salt and marjoram. Toss together well. Add egg and enough broth to moisten.
- Lightly pack into slow cooker; cover and cook on high for 45 minutes. Reduce to low and cook for 4 to 8 hours.
Other Slow cooker recipes