- Boneless pork shoulder – 2 lb, trimmed
- Fat-free, low sodium chicken broth – ½ cup
- Low sodium soy sauce – ¼ cup Hoisin sauce – ¼ cup
- Ketchup – 3 tbsps
- Honey – 3 tbsps
- Minced garlic – 2 tsps
- Fresh ginger – 2 tsps, peeled and grated
- Dark sesame oil – 1 tsp
- Five spice powder – ½ tsp
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sauces, ketchup, honey, garlic, sesame oil and five-spice powder.
- Place pork in a large ziplock bag.
- Pour the sauce into the bag with pork; zip the lock and toss until well coated. Put in the refrigerator; marinate for 2+hours. If possible, turn the bag occasionally.
- Place the whole contents of the bag into the slow cooker; set it to slow; cook for 8 hours.
- Use a draining spoon to transfer the pork to a cutting board. Cover with aluminium foil; let it rest.
- Pour chicken broth in the slow cooker. Set it to low; cook, covered, for about 30 minutes (until the sauce thickens).
- Use two forks to shred the pork. Serve with sauce.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Slow cooker recipes