(cooking time: 40 min; 4 servings)
- Rhubarb – 3 to 4 stalks
- Orange lentils – 1 cup
- Ginger – 2 round tablespoons, mined
- Garlic – 1 tbsp, minced
- Cardamom – 4 pods
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- 2 cloves
- Black pepper – 1 tsp, cracked
- 1 mild chili
- Salt – to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (leaves only)
- Add all ingredients but salt and fresh cilantro into a saucepan. Add water up to 1 inch above the mixture.
- Heat to a simmer, let cook until rhubarb and lentils soften (about half an hour).
- Remove cardamom pods and cloves.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with cilantro.
Note: You can cook this dish in a slow cooker.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Slow cooker recipes