Savory Slow Cooker Pork Spare Ribs with Potatoes
- Pork spare ribs 700 g (1.5 lbs)
- 5-6 medium potatoes
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium onions
- Tomato paste 1.5 tbsp
- Mustard 1 tsp
- Sour cream 1 tbsp
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Herbes de Provence spice mixture 2 tsps
- Water 1-1.5 cups
- Salt adjust to taste
- Pepper adjust to taste
- Neutral oil 1 tbsp
- Fresh greens for serving
- Peel and dice the onions and carrots. Pour the oil into the slow cooker, turn it on HIGH. Put the carrots and onions into the slow cooker; fry for 10 minutes with the lid open.
- Put the spare ribs into the slow cooker. Large chop the garlic cloves and add them into the cooker.
- Peel the potatoes, wash them clean and large dice. Place in the slow cooker over the ribs.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the tomato paste, sour cream, mustard, Herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. Add water and stir well.
- Pour the sauce over the potatoes.
- BRAISE (COOK on low) for an hour and a half. Dont stir the ingredients you want to preserve the layered structure of the dish. Serve sprinkled with finely chopped fresh greens (chives, parsley or dill).
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk β unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Slow cooker recipes