(cooking time: 10 hours 30 min; 6 servings)
- Beef chuck roast – 2 lb, cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, small diced
- Ketchup – ½ cup
- Worcestershire sauce – 2 tbsps
- Brown sugar – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 2 tsps
- Sweet paprika – 2 tsps
- Dry mustard – ½ tsp
- Water – 1 ¼ cups, divided
- All-purpose flour – ¼ cup
- Add beef cubes into the slow cooker pot, top with diced onions.
- In a medium bowl, mix ketchup with Worcester sauce, sugar, paprika, salt, dry mustard and 1 cup of water. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker pot.
- Cook under the lid for 9 to 10 hours (the meat should become tender).
- Mix the remaining water with flour into a smooth paste. Stir the paste into the goulash sauce and cook on High until it cooks down (10 to 15 minutes).
Other Slow cooker recipes