Easy collard greens side dish with a kick from red pepper flakes and a wonderful smoky flavor from bacon and onions!
1 large onion, diced
2 cloves, minced
Freshly ground black pepper
Red pepper flakes
Fresh collard greens
1 lb., roughly chopped
- Add oil to a large pot, let heat over medium-high heat.
- Fry bacon in oil until crisp. Remove from the pot, crumble; transfer back in to the pot.
- Add onions, cook until translucent (5 minutes). Stir in garlic until fragrant.
- Add chopped collard greens and stir until wilted.
- Add chicken broth, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook on low for 45 minutes.
You might also like
Rate & Review