Made with peanut butter and chocolates, these Spider Cookies are scarily cute!
1 box (5 oz)
Smooth peanut butter
White cake decorating gel
1 small tube
4 tbsps, room temperature
- Adjust oven racks to the upper and lower third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375° F (190° C/Gas mark 5). Using parchment paper, prepare two cookie sheets.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream sugar and butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy (medium-high speed, about 3 minutes). Add vanilla extract and egg. Mix until combined. Add peanut butter. Mix until creamy. Turn the speed down to low. Add 1/2 the flour mixture. Beat on medium speed until incorporated. Turn the speed of the mixer to low and add the remaining flour mixture. On medium speed, beat until incorporated.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Arrange the cookies on the cookie sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through, until golden brown and firm when pressed.
- Melt semisweet chocolate over a double boiler. Let it cool until slightly thickened.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. Push 1 candy into each cookie.
- Put the melted chocolate in a plastic bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag. Pipe 8 spider legs on each cookie. Reserve some chocolate for pupils.
- Using decorating gel, pipe two 1/4-inch circles on spiders. To make pupils, pipe a dot of melted chocolate in the center of each circle.
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.