Delicious chocolaty brownies with spooky mummy decorations!
2 sticks, at room temperature, plus for pan
1 1/4 cups, plus for pan
1 1/4 tsps
1 1/2 tsps
Packed brown sugar
Unsweetened cocoa powder
4, room temperature
Pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 tbsps
- Preheat the oven to 325° F (180° C/Gas mark 4). Prepare a 9x13-inch baking pan by buttering it. Line the bottom and sides with parchment paper. Then, butter and flour the parchment.
- In a bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour and salt.
- Melt butter in a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Then, remove from heat. Add white sugar and brown sugar. Whisk. Add cocoa and whisk. Gradually add eggs. Whisk until well combined. Add vanilla extract.
- Then, add the flour and salt mixture. Stir until just combined. Pour into the baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Use a toothpick to check for doneness: insert it in the center and see if it comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool for 30 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Then, remove the brownies from the pan and allow them to cool completely on the wire rack.
- Cut the brownies into 24 rectangles.
- With a mixer, beat confectioners' sugar, meringue powder, and 1/4 cup water on low speed until fluffy (about 7 minutes).
- Transfer the meringue powder mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a ribbon tip. Pipe the icing to create mummy wrappings on the brownies, leaving space for eyes. Decorate with candy eyes. Serve and enjoy your Halloween Brownies!
Read all reviews ()
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.