These deliciously creepy mummy muffins are loaded with blueberries!
1 1/2 cups
Whole wheat flour
2 1/2 tsp
Apple pie spice
1 1/4 cups
8 tbsp, melted
1 tsp, grated
2 oz, room temperature
4 tbsp, room temperature
- Position the oven rack in the center. Preheat the oven to 425° F (210° C/Gas mark 7).
- With a fork, crush 2 cups berries until smashed. Prepare a 12-cup muffin pan by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, whole wheat flour, baking powder, pie spice, and salt.
- Beat egg and egg yolks together in a separate bowl.
- Add the egg mixture, buttermilk, 8 tbsp unsalted butter, zest, juice, and vanilla to the blueberries. Stir until combined. Fold the blueberry mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Divide among muffin cups.
- Rotating halfway through, bake for 25 minutes. Use a toothpick to check for doneness. Then, transfer to a wire rack. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Remove the muffins from the muffin pan. Allow them to cool completely.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and 4 tbsp butter for 5 minutes, until creamy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating on low speed. Then, beat on high speed for 3 minutes, until stiff and creamy. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag fitted with a flat tip.
- Starting from the top, pipe the frosting forming the wrapping of a mummy, leaving space for eyes. Pipe a bit of frosting on the back of 2 berries and 2 candy eyes.
- Place the berries onto the muffin. Top them with candy eyes. Enjoy your Mummy Muffins!
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.