These wings are crisp outside and tender inside and will make your weekend dinner so very special!
Mild blue cheese
2 oz., crumbled
Fresh lemon juice
Freshly ground pepper
Hot pepper sauce
Freshly ground pepper
about 10 cups, for frying
3 lbs., tips removed, drumettes and flats separated
4, cut into thin sticks
- Whisk together the first five ingredients (from blue cheese to lemon juice) in a medium-sized bowl and season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oven to 250° F/120° C.
- Let the chicken wings sit at a room temperature for about half an hour.
- Add butter to a small saucepan and melt it over a medium heat.
- Combine the next four ingredients (hot sauce, cayenne, ½ tsp. pepper, and ¼ tsp. salt) and stir until well combined.
- Take the pan off the heat and set aside.
- Add oil to a large heavy pot and heat over a medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, put the cornstarch into a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Cooking in 3 batches, dip wings in cornstarch, shake off the excess, and dip them into oil.
- Fry for about 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally, or until the wings are cooked through.
- Place the wings on a wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet and then transfer the sheet to the oven to keep them warm while you’re preparing the rest of the wings.
- Place wings into a large bowl, add the prepared and warmed sauce, and toss to coat.
- Serve with celery and blue cheese dressing for dipping.
Healthier Garlic Chicken Parmesan
A wonderful baked chicken recipe that's quick and easy! Using just a f
Dijon Chicken Salad with Grapes
This chicken salad is wonderful and easy to prepare. Plus, most of the
Greek Chicken Burgers with Feta
These Greek-style chicken burgers surprise with a feta cheese filling.
Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This is an awesome spin on a plain grilled cheese sandwich. Feel free
Top-Notch Spaghetti and Meatballs
This authentic spaghetti and meatballs recipe is made with fresh orega
Three Cheese Garlic Scalloped Potatoes
If you love cheese and love potatoes you'll adore this delicious recip
Spicy Grilled Jalapeno Poppers
Jalapenos are stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped with bacon, and barbe
Eggplant and Pepper Parmesan Sandwiches
Smoky grilled veggies, rich tapenade, and tangy goat cheese make these
Effortless Chicken and Dumplings
This is an easy slow cooker recipe that cooks while you are at work! I
Delicious Deep-fried Chicken Livers
Mom made them because they are cheap, and now the convenience stores s
Okra, Chicken and Rice Casserole
The okra plant was brought to America's South by Ethiopian slaves. The
Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
These fried cheese sticks are very easy to prepare and sooo good. Enjo
Bacon, Egg and Cheese Sandwiches
Breakfast ready in 30 minutes! Enjoy these delicious crescent shape sa
Orzo Salad with Feta and Tomato
A cold pasta salad with orzo, green olives, feta cheese, parsley, dill
Moroccan-Style Stuffed Acorn Squash
Vegetables, garbanzos, raisins and couscous in a lovely Moroccan broth
Italian Sausage with Farfalle and Broccoli Rabe
A beautiful two pan entree that'll please anyone who likes Italian sau
The Easiest Chicken Salad Ever
This is the best chicken salad I have ever had in my life and it is so
Spinach Pomegranate Salad with Feta
A very quick and nutritious salad made with pomegranate seeds and feta
Filo Pockets with Shrimp and Ricotta Filling
I have been working with various stuffing for phyllo. This is by far t
Pork Chops and Scalloped Potatoes
This is the greatest recipe I was ever given. It is a family favorite
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
A supremely filling, hearty soup. I serve this on cold rainy days wit
Melt-in-Your-Mouth Stuffed Strawberries
Yum, yum! Sometimes I add some finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate. T
Restaurant-Style Chicken Tenderloins
I used to love the chicken tenderloins at a well-known restaurant chai
Skinny Chicken Roasted Mexican-Style
A healthy Weight Watchers dinner recipe that will make your mouth wate
Sweet Hot Mustard Chicken Wings
If you are as burned-out on the basic Buffalo-style chicken wing recip
Mouth-Watering Stuffed Mushrooms
These delicious mushrooms taste just like restaurant-style stuffed mus
Traditional Greek Spanakopita
This is an authentic, really rich pie stuffed with spinach, onions, ch
Grandma's Green Bean Casserole
This recipe is much better than the standard mushroom soup and French
Oyakodon (Japanese Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl)
This is a delicious traditional Japanese meal consisting of chicken sa
Spicy Chicken Thai Noodle Soup
A chunky hearty soup with a great blend of spices to warm you right to
Mediterranean Roast Chicken Breast
(hands-on time: 20 minutes, cooking time: 30 minutes, 2 servings)<br>
Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
A great alternative to pumpkin pie, especially for those cheesecake fa
You might also like
Rate & Review