- âââPumpkin puree – 1 (15 ounce) can
- Egg yolks – 3
- Large egg – 1
- Sweetened condensed milk – 1 (14 ounce) can
- Ground cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Ground ginger – 1/2 tsp
- Fine salt – 1/2 tsp
- Freshly grated nutmeg – 1/4 tsp
- Chinese 5-spice powder – 1/8 tsp
- 9-inch unbaked pie crust – 1
- Set oven to 425° F/ 220° C/ Gas Mark 7.
- Beat together pumpkin puree, egg yolks, and egg with a whisk in a large bowl until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, and Chinese 5-spice powder; whisk well.
- Place pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate and trim edges.
- Pour filling into the pie shell and lightly tap on the work surface to release any air bubbles.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° F/ 175° C/ Gas Mark 4 and bake until just set in the middle, 30 to 40 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the filling should come out dry. Allow to cool completely before serving. Serve garnished with whipped cream and freshly grated nutmeg.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Thanksgiving recipes