Delectable Apple, Sausage, and Cranberry Stuffing
- Whole wheat bread – 1 ½ cups, cubed
- White bread – 3 ¾ cups, cubed
- Turkey sausage – 1 pound, ground
- Onion – 1 cup, chopped
- Celery – ¾ cup, chopped
- Dried sage – 2 ½ tsp
- Dried rosemary – 1 ½ tsp
- Dried thyme – ½ tsp
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, cored, chopped
- Dried cranberries – ¾ cup
- Fresh parsley – 1/3 cup, minced
- 1 turkey liver, cooked, finely chopped
- Turkey stock – ¾ cup
- Unsalted butter – 4 tbsp, melted
- Heat the oven to 350° F/ 175° C/ Gas Mark 5.
- Take a large baking dish and spread all the bread cubes in one layer on it. Bake for 5 to 7 min or until the cubes are evenly toasted.
- Place the bread cubes to a large bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over a medium heat and cook the sausage and the onions. Stir the mixture until evenly browned.
- Add the next four ingredients (from celery to thyme) and cook for 2 min stirring continuously.
- Pour the mixture over the bread cubes in the bowl. Add apples, cranberries, parsley, and liver and mix until well combined.
- Drizzle the stuffing with the remaining ingredients and mix lightly.
- Spoon the stuffing into turkey to fill it loosely.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Thanksgiving recipes