- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat; add butter and water. Stir mixture until butter melts, about 5 minutes. Remove milk mixture from heat and cool to lukewarm, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour milk mixture into a bowl of a stand mixer.
- Stir flour, honey, eggs, yeast, salt, vanilla extract, and almond extract into milk mixture; beat using the paddle attachment of the mixer until well blended, about 3 minutes. Cover bowl with a damp towel and place in a warm spot of the kitchen until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Punch down dough and transfer to a 9- or 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 50 minutes.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Thanksgiving recipes