Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Almonds
- 4 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry bacon in a large deep skillet over medium heat until browned and crisp, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside on paper towels.
- Add the garlic and almonds to the fat in the skillet and cook briefly over medium heat until toasted. Add the Brussels sprouts and quickly toss to coat with the hot oil. Sprinkle the red wine vinegar over the sprouts and toss again to coat. Cook, stirring frequently, until sprouts are wilted. Remove from the heat, stir in the bacon and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Thanksgiving recipes