- 1/2 pound turnips, peeled and cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat margarine
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, cover the turnips and sweet potatoes with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until soft, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain; transfer to a food processor and puree.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the ginger, margarine, sugar, and orange peel. Allow margarine to melt and mix ingredients together well. Add the puree and swirl together. Serve warm.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Thanksgiving recipes