A delicious variation of Bolognese Sauce with turkey!
1 ½ lb
Canned tomato sauce/tomato puree
1 can (15 oz)
1 medium onion
1 large carrot
Fresh basil leaves, sliced thinly
- Dice the carrots and onions. Preheat a wide skillet or a saucepan to medium; pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil, leave for a minute to warm. Place the carrots and onions into the skillet/pan, season with ½ teaspoon sea salt. Cook until softened (8 to 10 minutes), stirring occasionally. Mince the garlic, stir into the vegetables.
- Add oregano and cook until for about half a minute, till you smell the spices.
- Add the ground turkey, season with the remaining sea salt. Stir constantly breaking the meat with the spoon. Cook until all the turkey is browned.
- Stir in tomato paste; add the wine and stir until the vegetables and the turkey have absorbed it. Add the tomato sauce/puree; stir well again. Let simmer for a few seconds, then turn the heat to low and leave the skillet/pan on the burner while you are cooking the pasta.
- In a large pot, bring enough water to boil. Add salt and the spaghetti; cook until al dente, stirring occasionally. Ladle about a cup of starchy spaghetti water into a small bowl. Drain the spaghetti.
- Add balsamic vinegar into the sauce, stir well; add a little spaghetti water if the sauce is too thick. Season to taste with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Serve the turkey Bolognese sauce on top of plates of steaming spaghetti. Garnish with sliced basil leaves and parmesan shaves.
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.