Super-moist and pretty, this delicious gooyey Upside Down Pear Gingerbread Cake is a great dessert for any day!
2 1/2 cups
1 1/2 tsp.
1 (29 ounce) can pear halves, well drained
- Preheat oven to 350° F/175° C/Gas Mark 4.
- In a bowl, mix together sifted flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Put 1/4 cup of butter into a microwave-safe bowl, place into a microwave and melt for 1 minute. Pour the melted butter into the springform pan, move the pan around so that the butter evenly covers the bottom. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar.
- Pat the pear halves dry with paper towels, and cut each half into 3 slices lengthwise. Arrange the pear slices in a spiral pattern on top of the brown sugar. Spray the inside walls of the pan with cooking spray.
- Beat the white sugar and 1/2 cup of butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; beat in the egg and mix in the molasses. Mix the flour mixture into the molasses mixture, then stir in the hot water. Pour the batter into the springform pan over the pear slices.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, for about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges of the cake. Place your cake plate over the cake and, using hot pads, carefully flip the cake over. Gently remove the cake pan. Allow to cool down completely before serving.
Support TastyCookery project and get TastyTales for freeSupport project
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.