- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 cup lentils
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in the hot oil until fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes. Cook and stir red pepper flakes, turmeric, and garam masala into onion mixture until coated, about 2 more minutes.
- Stir lentils and broth into onion mixture; bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until lentils are softened but firm to the bite, about 15 minutes.
- Stir sweet potatoes into lentil mixture; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until sweet potatoes are tender and lentils are fully cooked, about 10 more minutes. Add spinach; cook until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get amazing tips and recipes
Please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
If the confirmation email is not there, please check other folders, including Spam/Junk – unfortunately, even the emails you are expecting to receive sometimes are sorted in there by mistake.
Other Vegetarian recipes