Irish Cookies Recipe: These shamrock-shaped cookies are the ultimate St. Patrick's Day dessert.
3 cups (plus for the work surface)
1 cup, softened
5 cups (for the icing)
Light corn syrup
1/3 cup (for the icing)
1/4 cup (for the icing)
1/4 tsp (for the icing)
Green food coloring
for the icing
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and granulated sugar until the mixture is fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla extract. Beat until incorporated. Add the flour mixture. Mix well. Shape the mixture into a disk. Wrap the disc in plastic. Refrigerate the disc for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas mark 4). Prepare 2 baking sheets: line with parchment paper. Flour a work surface.
- Roll out the dough until it's 1/8-inch-thick. With a cookie cutter, cut out shapes. Place on the baking sheets. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes, or until the edges are golden. Then, allow the cookies to cool completely.
- To make the green icing: combine sugar, corn syrup, milk, and vanilla extract. Add food coloring. Then, transfer 1/3 of the mixture to a piping bag fitted with a round tip. Pipe around the edges.
- Add more milk (1 tbsp) to the remaining icing. Transfer the icing to a piping bag. Pipe the icing into the center of the cookies. Allow to dry at room temperature. Serve and enjoy your Simple Irish Cookies!
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.