Accompanied by a crispy crust, this dish will be loved by both kids and grown-ups!
1 (16 oz.) pack
Sharp Cheddar cheese
3 cups, shredded, divided
Panko bread crumbs
1 tbsp., melted
- Heat the oven to 400° F/200° C/Gas Mark 6.
- Add lightly salted water to a large pot and bring to a rolling boil. When the water is boiling, add macaroni and cook, uncovered and stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through. Drain.
- Add butter to a large saucepan and melt it over a medium heat. When the butter is bubbling, add flour and cook the flour starts to become pale yellow or for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the next 3 ingredients (from thyme to white pepper). Cook, stirring, for one more minute.
- Add 1 cup milk and whisk well until smooth. Pour in the rest of the milk and whisk again. Bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Add the next three ingredients (from nutmeg to salt) and simmer on a medium-low heat for about 8 minutes, whisking often, until the sauce thickens.
- Turn off the heat and add 2 ¼ cups Cheddar cheese. Stir until well combined and add Dijon mustard.
- Place the macaroni in a casserole dish, add the cheese sauce, and stir will until the sauce combines with pasta well.
- In a separate dish, combine the bread crumbs and the butter. Sprinkle the mixture over macaroni and cheese. Sprinkle the rest of Cheddar (3/4 cup) on top of the dish.
- Bake until the topping is golden brown or for about 20 minutes.
Rate & Review
Thank you for visiting TastyCookery!
Pick your gift now!
Pick your gift now!
You can choose any number of gifts, from 1 to 3.
Quick & Easy chicken recipes for those who want their dinner to be special!
Simple recipes, yummy pics, and an incredible dessert for your sunny morning!
Tasty Tales Magazine
Our exclusive seasonal recipe collection for you to cook fantastic dishes every day!
By receiving (a) gift (s), you confirm that you’re now a part of TastyCookery culinary community and agree to get quick and easy daily recipes by email.